Newly manufactured mill rolls are tested after surface semi-finishing and finishing processes. Rolls returning to the roll shop for service are repaired according to the inspection results.
The inspection system employs a combination of the ultrasonic and eddy current technology, which produces a synergetic effect, enhancing flaw detectability and defect classification.
- intuitive and user-friendly interface;
- online display of the scanner position in the real coordinate system of the grinding machine;
- automatic splitting of the roll into test zones;
- automatic generation of AVG-diagrams for each zone taking account of the attenuation rate;
- determining the level of the bottom echo signal drop below the fixation level for each zone;
- 3D view: full representation of the roll that visualizes the spatial location of defects within it;
- automatic couplant supply;
- automated accept / reject decisions in compliance with the regulatory requirements;
- remote online technical assistance service and technical support programs.