UTG-8 Intended Use
The UTG-8 is a portable ultrasonic high-precision thickness gauge intended for measuring thicknesses of materials from one side, inspecting and evaluating wall thinning, detecting pitted corrosion.
- 2-point calibration with automatic calculation of the optimal sound velocity ensures high precision and accuracy.
- A special rubber shoe protects the probe and minimizes a potential impact of hand warmth on measurements.
- The UTG-8 is compatible with a wide range of UT transducers, becoming a solution for a wide range of applications.
- The UTG-8 can run up to 200 hours with a single battery pack. The display backlight can be automatically turned On/Off to prolong the battery life.
Designed for Demanding Industrial Conditions
- The instrument is comfortable to hold with one hand during on-site evaluation.
- The keypad is oil and petroleum resistant.
- Numerals on the backlit display are easy to read, even with poor lighting.
- The UTG-8 is sealed against water and dust (IP65).
Applications in Industries
- Power generation - measurement of wall thickness in pipelines, pipe elbows, base materials (semi-products), as well as thickness of near-weld zones in pipe joints.
- Aviation - measurement of wall thickness of aircraft steel parts and portholes (windows) with single-sided access to the test piece.
- Metallurgy and machinery - measurement of wall thickness of slabs and strips; sample check of wall thickness of rolled plates; measurement of wall thickness of boilers, tanks, pipes.
- Pipe industry - measurement of pipe wall thickness; detection of pipe wall laminations and pipe wall thinning.
- Oil and Gas industry - measurement of wall thickness of pressurized vessels, above-ground pipeline branches, underwater line manifolds of main gas pipelines, gas and oil tanks, as well as pump and valve bodies.
- Railway - thickness measurement of railway wheel discs during their production.